To enable users to upload documents required or recommended for testing, we have introduced the ability to attach documents at the time of order submission, as well as the ability to later access all documents attached to any order post-submission.
To attach documents to an order
- The New Order page has a new section labeled Additional Documentation where users have the option to attach additional documentation.
- Additional documentation may include insurance forms, consents, prior test results, family pedigrees, pathology reports, etc.
- Supported file types are limited to .pdf, .png, .jpeg, .jpg
- There is a 10 file maximum with a 10MB size limit per file.
Please note that documents can only be uploaded at the time of order submission. Documents attached to a draft order might not be saved if an order is in draft mode beyond 24 hours.
To view and access documents attached to an order after it is submitted
- Once an order and its attached documents are successfully submitted, they will appear at the bottom of the test card in the Orders Dashboard under Additional Documentation.
- To view the additional documents attached to that order, click on the arrow icon next to Additional Documentation. All attached documentation will then be displayed with the original file name, file size, and total number of files submitted below Additional Documentation.
- To collapse the additional documentation view, click on the arrow icon.
Please note that uploaded documents cannot be removed from or added to an order after submission in the test card view. In order to update attached documents, please contact Sema4 client services.